playing each other

#1 von Gelöschtes Mitglied , 16.01.2020 09:19

COPENHAGEN – When you bring up Andre Burakowskys name around players on Canadas world junior hockey team most crack a small smile. Theyve heard what the Swedish forward was quoted as saying in the local publication Skanskan. Specifically, Burakowsky said that, on paper, Sweden has a better team than Canada. "We heard that," said Canadian forward Charles Hudon, a Montreal Canadiens prospect. "It is motivation. Ive never seen two papers play on the ice. Were ready for that game and I think they are too." Canada and Sweden will face off in an exhibition game Sunday in Angelholm, Sweden. You can watch it live on TSN starting at 11am et/8am pt. Canadian players werent shy when asked whether Burakowskys words will be on their mind. "Of course, it does motivate you for sure, but let them think that," said 17-year-old Barrie Colts defenceman Aaron Ekblad, who officially secured a spot on Team Canada when Damon Severson was cut on Friday night. "They have a highly-skilled team and, obviously, we need to respect that and we just have to counter with our work ethic." Even defenceman Adam Pelech, who is Burakowskys teammate on the Erie Otters in the Ontario Hockey League, admitted the comments got him going. "Teams are always looking for things like that to put on the wall for some extra motivation before the game," he said. "Things like that we just try to use as fuel for us." Pelech isnt the only Otter caught off guard by the Burakovsky quote. Connor McDavid, who picked up a pair of assists in Canadas 4-2 win over Finland on Friday, is Burakowskys linemate in Erie. "He can be a little bit cocky," McDavid noted with a chuckle, "but hes entitled to his own opinion." Burakowsky, a first round pick of the Washington Capitals last June, is having a fantastic rookie season with the Otters. When he left for Swedens junior camp, he was fourth on the team in scoring with 23 goals and 47 points in just 31 games. The 18-year-old will be making his world junior debut this month. "We kind of joked about playing each other in Sweden in his hometown of Malmo and maybe in the gold-medal game," McDavid said, "but thats a long way down the road. We still have a lot of work to get there, but it would be pretty nice to have that over him." "Hes a really good guy," said Pelech. "I like him a lot. I havent talked to him recently, but obviously I heard about the comments and I guess Ill shoot him a message. Im looking forward to talking to him about that." Canadian head coach Brent Sutter has repeatedly said he wants his players to focus on themselves and what the team needs to do to be successful. But when informed his players were talking about Burakowsky, Sutter was more than okay with it. "No, thats good," he said with a wry grin, "keep feeding it all they want, thats good." Not lost on the Canadian players is the reason why Burakowsky is feeling confident. The Swedes won the silver medal last year and have almost half of that team back plus theyll have home-ice advantage this time around. Meanwhile, Canada has just three players (Jonathan Drouin, Griffin Reinhart and Jake Paterson) returning from the team that finished fourth last year. "Swedens a pretty good hockey country, but were Canada and were confident in the players we have," said McDavid. Yeezy 350 V3 Store .com) - The Chicago Cubs reportedly signed recently-acquired outfielder Dexter Fowler to a one-year contract on Friday, avoiding arbitration. Yeezy 350 V2 Store . "For the past several weeks, Logan has been dealing and playing with an upper body injury," said general manager Doug Wilson in a statement. "Despite his efforts to play through it, the injury has not responded as we had hoped and Logan has made the decision to undergo a surgical procedure to repair the problem. http://www.cheapestairmaxstore.com/fake-...-cheap.html.com) - The NBA will be on display overseas Thursday with the New York Knicks taking on the Milwaukee Bucks at O2 Arena in London. Vapormax Store . During halftime, Love told The Associated Press he would receive treatment Saturday night and hoped to play Monday night against Houston. "I knew that my quad was bothering me pretty bad so I went out there and tried to move around a little bit and it just wasnt quite right," Love said. Cheapest Air Max 90 Store .J. -- After getting permission from his 7-year-old daughter, New York Giants offensive lineman David Diehl has retired after an 11-year career that included two Super Bowl championships.Europes rugby powers are once again out for continental supremacy at the 6 Nations tournament. Check here for the full schedule and match results. Schedule | Standings February DATE MATCH-UP VENUE TIME/RESULT Feb. 6 Wales vs. England Millennium Stadium, Cardiff 16 - 21 Feb. 7 Italy vs. Ireland Olimpico Stadium, Rome 3 - 26 Feb. 7 France vs. Scotland Stade de France, Paris 15 - 8 Feb. 14 England vs. Italy Twickenham Stadium, London 47 - 17 Feb. 14 Ireland vs. France Lansdowne Road, Dublin 18 - 11 Feb. 15 Scotland vs. Wales Murrayfield, Edinburgh 23 - 26 Feb. 28 Scotland vs. Italy Murrayfield, Edinburgh 19 - 22 Feb.dddddddddddd 28 France vs. Wales Stade de France, Paris 13 - 20 March DATE MATCH-UP VENUE TIME/RESULT Mar. 1 Ireland vs. England Lansdowne Road, Dublin 19 - 9 Mar. 14 Wales vs. Ireland Millennium Stadium, Cardiff 23 - 16 Mar. 14 England vs. Scotland Twickenham Stadium, London 25 - 13 Mar. 15 Italy vs. France Olimpico Stadium, Rome 0 - 29 Mar. 21 Italy vs. Wales Olimpico Stadium, Rome 20 - 61 Mar. 21 Scotland vs. Ireland Murrayfield, Edinburgh 10 - 40 Mar. 21 England vs. France Twickenham Stadium, London 55 - 35 ' ' '

Stastnys camp ahead
second on review

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz