Jonathan Quick

#1 von Gelöschtes Mitglied , 16.01.2020 09:26

EDMONTON - Rather than worry about who is chasing them in the Eastern Conference standings, the New York Rangers are more concerned about just taking care of their own business on the ice. The Rangers will try to do just that on Sunday night as they continue a four-game western road trip with a matchup against the Edmonton Oilers. You can watch all the action on TSN beginning at 8pm et/5pm pt. New York hit the road having won five straight, including a big regulation victory over the rival Philadelphia Flyers on Wednesday, but were bested 4-3 by the spoiler-happy Calgary Flames. Brian Boyle, Raphael Diaz and Brad Richards scored in a second-period burst for the Rangers, but Henrik Lundqvist stopped just 24-of-28 shots faced. The setback allowed the Flyers to pull within a point of the Rangers for second place in the Metropolitan Division as Philadelphia topped the Toronto Maple Leafs on Friday. The Flyers have two games in hand over the Rangers and host the Boston Bruins earlier on Sunday. Rangers like Richards likely wont be scoreboard watching though. "If its not Philly, its probably some other team," Richards said. "Theres a bunch of teams around us. We just want our two points. We do control our own destiny, and we want to do it, but thats the disappointing thing. We arent worried about Philly right now." Edmonton is another team looking to play spoiler and snapped a three-game slide with Fridays 4-3 overtime win against the Anaheim Ducks, with Andrew Ference scoring with 1:09 left on the clock. Edmonton had taken two penalties earlier in the overtime, leading to a brief 5-on-3 for Anaheim, but the Ducks took a whistle and the teams wound up skating 3-on-3. With a lot of ice to work with, Ference grabbed the puck in the neutral zone and skated down the middle, winding up for a big blast that ticked off the right post and in. "It was that 3-on-3 mode still so just a lot of ice that was just sitting there in the middle," said Ference. "I wasnt about to try anything too fancy so I just kind of old school, stepped up and whacked it." Sam Gagner scored his 100th career goal and rookie defenseman Oscar Klefbom netted his first, while Jordan Eberle also tallied for the Oilers. Ben Scrivens made 48 saves as Edmonton moved to 2-3-0 on a six-game homestand. Forwards Tyler Pitlick and Ryan Jones both suffered knee injuries versus the Ducks, and while Pitlick may not miss any time, Jones is out for the season with a torn PCL. Edmonton forward Nail Yakupov also remains out with an ankle issue. Scrivens is 2-0-0 with a 0.50 GAA in his career versus the Rangers, making 35 saves in a 2-1 victory in New York on Feb. 6. That was the first of two meetings between the clubs this season and Edmonton has won four of the last six in this matchup overall. The Oilers, who have won three of the past four played at home in this series, got goals from Yakupov and Ryan Smyth in the one-goal victory, while Rangers backup netminder Cam Talbot finished with 29 saves. Talbot is expected to get the start tonight. Jim Ritcher Jersey Retro . Speaking on Leafs Lunch with Bryan Hayes and Jamie McLennan on Thursday, Bernier said it was "very hard" at times being entrenched behind Jonathan Quick and is now excited at the prospect of getting an opportunity to compete with Reimer for the top spot with the Leafs. Walt Merrill Jersey Retro .85 million contract with the two-time Gold Glove outfielder. Parra earned his second Gold Glove last season when he set a club record with 17 outfield assists. https://www.cheapjerseyslines.com/ray-neal-jersey-retro/. -- During Kansas shootaround on Wednesday before the Jayhawks faced Oklahoma, coach Bill Self told Wayne Selden Jr. Taylor Decker Jersey Retro . Wheeler said Kane was just making a joke that was misunderstood and misinterpreted by "Winnipeg folks" and the media once again. Wheeler repeated that he believes Kane is a player who has the ability to help the Jets get to the next level as they try once again to reach the playoffs in 2014. He made the comments initially in an interview, when asked how the Jets could compete in the Central Division with teams that have made some high-profile off-season signings. Authentic Cheap Jerseys . People familiar with the case told The Associated Press on Friday that arbitrator Fredric Horowitz could issue his decision this weekend.At this point, it doesnt sound like Luke Richardson has any interest in becoming an assistant coach in the NHL. There have been several Ottawa fans wondering if Richardson - currently the head coach of the clubs AHL affiliate in Binghamton - would be able to help the Senators with their defensive issues as an assistant coach down the road. But speaking to him on TSN 1200 Tuesday, it sounds like the 44-year-old is waiting for the right opportunity to become a head coach in the NHL. Richardson had spent three years as an assistant in Ottawa, but in the spring of 2012 he had a conversation with general manager Bryan Murray about his coaching future. So when the Binghamton job opened up after Kurt Kleinendorst stepped aside, he knew that was the career path he wanted to pursue. "It was great getting the experience those first few years kind of being the part-time guy, the upstairs guy and the practice guy with the Senators. But when I had that chance to become a head coach I told Bryan, Thats what I want to be. I want to be a head coach. Its not that I think Im better than anyone else or better than an assistant coachs job, I just feel more comfortable in that role and I like it," Richardson said on Tuesday. Richardson says he currrently has no aspirations to leave his post in Binghamton, where he has guided the club to a first-place position in the AHLs East Division.dddddddddddd "Im really happy to be here. And I take a lot of pride trying to help these young players in the organization. So my answer is that Im happy to be here and Im signed for another year," added Richardson. Of course, things could change if an NHL head coaching job opened up in the summer. A couple of teams - like Buffalo and Florida - are currently working with interim head coaches and have made no guarantees about who will be behind their bench next season. Add in the usual number of post-season coaching changes and there could be several opportunities for Richardson to consider in the summer. But he was quick to point out the Binghamton job offers him the unique luxury of being close to his daughter who is wrapping up her sophomore year at university down the road in Ithica, New York. "It really works well for my family with our daughter Morgan an hour away at Cornell and we get to see her a lot. Its very unusual to be able to do that in the geography of the hockey world. We are fortunate to have that so right now, my answer is that Im going to stay in the AHL." ' ' '

Moulson fed Hodgson
stability in the heart

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz