Johnston welcomes

#1 von Gelöschtes Mitglied , 18.01.2020 09:09

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- This was one time when C.J. Wilson didnt question manager Mike Scioscias decision to remove him from a game while an inning was in progress. Despite the fact that a bout with the flu had sapped his energy, he still was able to dominate the Chicago White Sox for 7 1-3 innings. Wilson bounced back strongly from his shortest outing of the season, taking a three-hit shutout into the eighth, and Josh Hamilton drove in three runs to lead the Los Angeles Angels to a 4-2 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Sunday. Wilson (7-5) was charged with one run, struck out six, and was lifted after 107 pitches. Last Tuesday at Houston, the left-hander gave up five runs, six hits and five walks through 2 2-3 innings in a 7-2 loss. "I dont even remember what happened five days ago. Ive just been in a stupor," Wilson said "Ive been sick with the flu the last couple of days, so I didnt really have much in the tank. That was pretty much all I had. I wish could say that I could have gone nine today, or throw 130 pitches, but it just wasnt in the cards." Joe Smith relieved Wilson, giving up a double to pinch-hitter Alejandro De Aza, a run-scoring infield hit by pinch-hitter Conor Gillaspie and an RBI single by Adam Eaton before retiring Gordon Beckham in a double-play grounder. Ernesto Frieri got three outs for his 10th save. The White Sox concluded a nine-game stretch in Southern California in which they lost two of three to San Diego, won two of three against the Dodgers and were swept by the Angels thanks to Wilsons gem. "Wilson threw a great game. We didnt get anything going, and we were just flat," manager Robin Ventura said. "We just couldnt get anybody on base. And when we did, he got a couple of double-play balls that really just took the life out of any kind of rally." Chicago first baseman Jose Abreu started in the designated hitter role for the 10th time and was 0 for 4 with a pair of double-play grounders. A top contender for AL Rookie of the Year, he is 9 for 38 with four homers and 11 RBIs as a DH. "I think we held him in check the whole series, but I think we just sort of got him at a bad time," Wilson said. Jose Quintana (3-6) allowed four runs, seven hits and four walks through 4 1-3 innings and struck out four. It was the eighth time in the left-handers 13 starts that he left a game with fewer than three runs of support, and he is 0-6 in those outings. "It just seemed like Q was battling all the time with guys on base," Ventura said. "I mean, hell walk a few guys here and there, but today he was just falling behind and not really locating like he normally does." Quintana escaped a bases-loaded jam in the first when he retired Hamilton on a popup and struck out C.J. Cron. But Hamilton drove in the Angels first run with a two-out double in the third, then made it 3-0 in the fifth with a bases-loaded two-run single after Quintana walked cleanup hitter David Freese. Cron followed with an RBI single that chased the left-hander. "In situations with guys on base, the biggest thing is putting the ball in play," Hamilton said. "One time I didnt and two times I did. You do what you can to help the team win. Weve done a great job the last few games getting runners in scoring position with two outs." Freese, who had never drawn more than two walks in any of his 507 previous regular-season games in the major leagues, got a free pass all four times up -- all on 3-2 counts. That tied a franchise record for a nine-inning game, and was the first time it happened since May 18, 2013, when the White Sox walked Chris Iannetta four times. "We worked a lot of walks today. Freese had the force field going today," Wilson said. "Anytime you put that much pressure on the starting pitcher and knock him out before the fifth inning, thats good." NOTES: This was the Angels third series sweep this season, and Jered Weaver had recorded a victory in each of them. ... The Angels are batting .170 with the bases loaded (8 for 47). ... The last time Wilson faced the White Sox was May 17, 2013, when he lost his second 3-0 decision to Chris Sale in a span of six days. ... Wilson has pitched at least five innings in 12 of his 13 starts without allowing any fourth-inning runs. ... The White Sox, who began the day trailing AL Central-leading Detroit by four games, open a nine-game homestand Monday night with a four-game series against the Tigers. SS Alexei Ramirez leads the league with a .381 home batting average. Fake Yeezy Wave Runner 700 For Sale . When New Zealand finally held on for an 8-7 win, France No. 8 Imanol Harinordoquy collapsed to the ground, having given every drop of energy he could muster, and lay prone as All Blacks danced around him in celebration. Few critics had given France any chance, but coach Marc Lievremonts team rallied from 8-0 down and came within one kick of taking the lead with 15 minutes remaining, only for flyhalf Francois Trinh-Ducs 49-meter effort to drift wide. Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Static Cheap . 3 seed Phillip Kohlschreiber from Germany. Defending champion Marin Cilic also reached the semifinals -- his fourth in Zagreb -- defeating fellow Croat Ivan Dodig. German qualifier Bjorn Phau beat Dudi Sela of Israel to reach his first semifinals in nearly five years. http://www.cheapyeezyswholesale.com/yeez...reflective.html. Walcott is available for Saturdays home match against Southampton as Arsenal looks to extend its two-point lead at the top of the Premier League. The Gunners are currently the second highest scorers in the league but Wenger insists Walcott will add something extra to his team. Fake Yeezys For Sale . The game got off to a less-than-ideal start for the Jets as Oliver Ekman-Larsson found a wide open net from the slot and opened the scoring for the Coyotes a lead in the first period, but Olli Jokinen answered back just over half a minute later. Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Beluga 2.0 For Sale . -- Catriona Matthew remained atop the Airbus LPGA Classic leaderboard Friday, birdieing four of the last seven holes to take a one-stroke advantage over Charley Hull into the weekend. PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Penguins have insisted during their extensive front office overhaul that the on-ice product doesnt need to change much for the franchise to return to the NHLs elite. Small tweaks, not big ones, are required. Mike Johnstons job is to figure out which ones to make and -- perhaps even more importantly -- how to make them work. The Penguins hired the well-travelled Johnston to replace Dan Bylsma on Wednesday, charging the hockey lifer with creating the right system for stars Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin to thrive in both the regular season and beyond. Considering the talent at his disposal, the 57-year-old Johnston likes his chances. After spending the last six years with the Portland Winterhawks of the Western Hockey League preaching an uptempo attack, Johnston welcomes the opportunity to work with one of the most explosive offences in the NHL. "The core group is exactly where I want it," Johnston said. Good, because theyre not going anywhere. Instead, its everything around Malkin and Crosby -- who earned his second Hart Trophy as the NHLs Most Valuable Player on Tuesday -- that is changing. Johnstons hiring ends a tumultuous six weeks in which the Penguins were bounced from the Eastern Conference semifinals by the New York Rangers after blowing a 3-1 lead, fired Bylsma and general manager Ray Shero, and brought in longtime Carolina Hurricanes executive Jim Rutherford to clean up the mess. Rutherford settled on Johnston after a lengthy interview process that included an ill-fated run at Willie Desjardins, who opted to take the vacant job in Vancouver. Regardless of the path taken, Rutherford is confident he ended up at the right destination. "I feel very strongly that weve got the right coach," Rutherford said. One whose success will depend on his ability to take Pittsburgh on extended playoff runs. Bylsma won more games than any coach in club history but was fired on June 6 after going just 4-5 in post-season series since leading the Penguins to the 2009 Stanley Cup title. Johnston understands the onus to win on a given night, but stressed the focus will be on preparing Pittsburgh for the challenges of hockey in May and June, not October or November. "The bottom-line expectation for me is that, from training campp through the first part of the season, everything we do is setting the table for the playoffs," Johnston said.dddddddddddd "The score is relevant but its not as relevant as the habits that we are going to have to make us successful in the playoffs." Pittsburgh is Johnstons first NHL head coaching job, though he spent two previous stints as an assistant with Vancouver and the Los Angeles Kings. He said he has a bit to learn about the challenges of an 82-game NHL season, which is one of the reasons the Penguins also brought in Rick Tocchet to serve as Johnstons top assistant. Tocchet played 18 years in the NHL, including two seasons in Pittsburgh, where the four-time All-Star helped the Penguins win their second Stanley Cup championship in 1992. The 50-year-old Tocchet also spent more than a season as the head coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning from 2008-10. While Tocchet said that his old team has underachieved in recent springs, he doesnt see that as a stumbling block. "There are teams that wish they had (Pittsburghs) problems," Tocchet said. "The way Mike is going to coach this team, the way these guys play is high tempo. Its something guys are going to enjoy." Tocchet replaces Todd Reirden and Tony Granato, holdovers from Bylsmas staff who were let go on Wednesday. The Penguins retained goaltending coach Mike Bales and video co-ordinator Andy Saucier. Assistant coach Jacques Martin will also remain with the team in an undetermined capacity. Johnston is hardly a novice when it comes to dealing with pressure or highly skilled players. He was a part of Canadas coaching staff at the 1998 Winter Olympics, the first Games in which NHL players were allowed to compete. It led to nearly a decade as an assistant with Vancouver (1999-2006) and the Kings (2006-08) before he landed in Portland, where he spent six years helping young players navigate the choppy waters of professional life. The seas will be only more tumultuous in one of the NHLs most high-profile jobs. Johnston is OK with the pressure. With the 26-year-old Crosby and the 27-year-old Malkin in the midst of their primes, there are worst places to start. "This group wants to win," he said. "Theyve won the Stanley Cup, and I believe they want to do it again." ' ' '

his schedule.
Since stepping aside

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz